Save / Load MIDI Instruments

Currently you are forced to remap external instruments CC Mappings with every new project.

For example - when you want to combine PET with an iPad running Korg Gadget. Korg Gadget’s MIDI CC parameters remain bound consistently to certain fixed MIDI CCs regardless of channel, making it ideal as a pairing with Polyend Tracker as it operates more like a multitimbral MIDI Synth Module than most other apps on iOS.

However with every new project you have to explicitly take 10-30 minutes to set the parameter maps to each Korg Gadget you are going to use. And because the mappings are slightly different between devices, you can’t just create a template with the midi maps set to start with, as the device or the attributes may differ.

What is the problem?

When using external instruments, you are forced to set the CC Mapping for each instrument for every single new project.

What do you want to achieve?

Create a new Instrument-File for MIDI Gear, akin to the .pti file, but specifically for external gear, that stores the MIDI CC Mapping.

This would allow you to use the Sample Loader to load a MIDI Instrument quickly into a project that has the neccessary MIDI Mapping already set.

Obviously naming those files would be a requirement as well.

Are there any workarounds?

Best workaround is to save a template project with the best-guess mixture of which devices you might use. This is somewhat clunky as you might change your mind on what device you want to use.

Any links to related discussions?

No.

Any references to other products?

Tracker

4 Likes

Hey @atomicafro , i’ve taken the liberty to slightly alter/change your wording on the wish.

I like this idea! :heart:

Definitely! You can load instruments, why not MIDI instruments?

This is a fantastic idea! Would get my vote :star_struck:

Cirklon allows you to save instrument definitions just like this requests idea. Setting name, midi channel, cc assignments, etc. for use in any track or future project.

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile: