Sample preview/load

What is the problem?

Somewhat tedious and slow sample finding and uploading

What do you want to achieve?

Faster sample browsing by using the 16x8 pads for previewing samples. Polyend Play would automatically load all samples from a folder into the pads. It would be easier to listen to them, avoiding menu diving. On the right side where there are 4x8 pads, there could be folders. It would be desirable for each folder to have its own color. When we like a sample, we hold that pad for a while and press right on the folder where we want to copy it or on an empty pad to create a new folder. Since we can have a maximum of 20 folders, the bottom rows of 4x8 pads could be used to switch pages if there are more than 16x8 samples in a folder.

Are there any workarounds?

Using the knob or the buttons to navigate through the sample folders.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Polyend Tracker, Novation Tracks, Rhythm

1 Like

Hi @nevenbucevic, have you seen Faster pick and place with a user-customizable sample palette ? It’s similar to this one. What do you think? Also, it welcomes votes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, yes i saw it. Also it was kinda my wish so it was added to that link. I voted :slight_smile:

But this is different. This wish is just to select and preview samples. Just so i dont need to use one knob for previewing samples.
Previous one is for samples that i use in my project so i can easily edit i place them.

Btw, in case you didn’t know - currently you can hold down one of the two screen buttons next to the screen, and scroll the encoder and you will get an automatic sample preview for each sample.

Would that already help you? Or are you looking for an alternate preview mode?

Thx. Yes i know that.

1 Like

Mentioning other Polyend products is always a good selling point for wishes. :slight_smile:

@nevenbucevic Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the wish doesn’t fit our current product design direction :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.