Questions about synth

Hi,

I have a few questions that I would appreciate any advice with in as simple a way as possible:

  1. I have bought several palettes from polyend. Verdant was pretty good for piano sounds and Bones was fine for percussion, but I am struggling with the one called Chords,which is ostensibly guitar chords and single notes. I have of course placed the mono samples in all the right folders (DWA, Grain and WTFM) but I am fighting to get any of them them to sound even remotely like guitar. I feel like I have tried fiddling with every parameter with no success. Should I have used the stereo samples (If stereo samples are no good, why are they even IN there?) or try something else?

  2. I have noticed that I am increasingly getting the message ‘failed to load sample’ especially when using DWA engine. I have kept samples below 250, so it’s not that, and sometimes it works fine. I used to constantly get warnings about CPU overload, but that seems to have stopped now. Any possible connection?

  3. Is it simply because the synth is CPU underpowered, or is there another reason why you can’t really latch down an Arp or two plus a sequence and then play single notes on top of that, all in one engine simultaneously, even if you allocate 6 voices to it. The notes all kind of interfere with one another. Is it unreasonable to expect the synth to be able to do that?

  4. Why does almost nobody post their Synth musical projects here? Is it just not cool, or is it because like me, they can’t figure out how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.