Projects saved with LONG filenames disappear / can't be opened

Bug Description

When saving a Project, the Tracker allows the user to type in a filename up to 32 characters long.

However, only filenames up to 31 characters long will appear on the list of Project files.

So, if a Project is named with the maximum 32 characters, it will seem to save without any issue, and then work can continue on that project until a different one is loaded.

But at that point, if the user tries to go back and open the saved Project, it will seem to have disappeared entirely– not appearing on the Tracker’s list of Projects, and therefore unable to Open.

Fortunately, the Project is not lost, and can be brought back into the Tracker.

A computer reading the SD card will be able to see the file, and by renaming it to anything less than 32 characters, the Project will appear on the Tracker again without issue.

Reproduction Steps

1. Create or load a project
  2. Click “File” button
  3. Choose “Save As”
  4. Type a filename until there’s no space remaining (a total of 32 characters)
  5. Click “Save”
  6. Once saved, click “Open”
  7. Scroll through list to see that the newly saved Project does not appear

(this doesn’t change after switching over to a New Project… the long-named Project file will still not appear on the list of files available to open)

1. Using a computer, open the Project folder of the SD card
  2. Locate the 32-character filename, confirming that it was actually saved
  3. Rename the file by deleting 1 or more character
  4. Eject the SD card and return it into the Tracker
  5. The shortened Project filename now appears on the list of Projects which can be opened

Occurrence

bug is reproducible always

Found in

Firmware version (1.6.0)
Build (I think, 2)

–––

…BTW, this is my first bug report ever. I don’t know the proper formatting or etiquette, so please forgive me for any missteps! I’m also new to this device, and this forum. I just wanted to get this information out there in case it can be of any help to Polyend or the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Rocco_M Thank you for reporting this bug with such detail. We are sorry you’re experiencing issues while using the Tracker. We will do our best to resolve it and notify you when it’s ready! Best regards

1 Like

@here I’m pleased to let you know Tracker 1.7 firmware update is available and fixes your issue! Please verify and let us know if you’re happy with the solution :wink: Once again, thanks for helping us make the Tracker better for everyone.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.