Been using the tracker for a couple years now and I’ve happily been clacking away at it, bug-free but since firmware 1.6 and on, things have gone downhill for me.
Steps that I took to arrive at this issue are as follows:
- Working on project as normal
- Importing samples → choose .pti instrument I have (tried in other projects)
- .pti is imported, preview of samples in project stops working
- pads will not play notes unless I press 2 at once!!!
- the imported .pti is an amalgamation of the intrument with some of the samples in the project stuck to it after the intrument audio is done (able to audit it when pressing multiple pads)
- Pressing “delete unused” will not remove the sample/pti imported in the slot even if no notes with it as intrument are placed in the patterns in the project.
- This behavior will continue and project is generally unusable until I deleted the workspace folder, checked my SD card for corruption and all came back good.
- HOWEVER, once I import another .pti intrument (a different one) in this project it all starts again.
I’m in the middle of a tracker-only album and this is a huge bummer. Second time I’ve noticed this behavior, last time I just ditched the project I was working on but this time I want to keep it.