Play/Play+ MIDI/synth fill option for "selected channel"

What is the problem?

MIDI/synth fills can only be set to one channel. Would like behavior to be more like Random/Euclidian fills where it can affect selected channel. I want to be able to select a bass fill or synth fill for multiple external gear, or the internal synths.

What do you want to achieve?

MIDI/synth fill behavior to be more like Random/Euclidian fills where it can affect selected channel. Have an option for “selected channel” setting under fills if needed. Example: bass fill can only be assigned to one channel at a time, but I want to do a bass fill for channel 3, and then do another for channel 5, and another for ACD synth without having to go into settings.

Ideally the user would select the channel, select the row, and then select the fill, and hit fill. For example, select midi channel 3, row 3, bass fill & choose one, then hit fill. Then you could do the same for midi channel 5, or onboard synth in a different row, etc. This is possible with an Euclidian or Random fill already, so maybe this could be an easy thing to implement into the other fills.

Are there any workarounds?

Currently when you select a fill, it uses the default channel. You then would need to change the channel to the one you want, which is cumbersome and ruins the flow in a live performance

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Akai Force, Oxi One

2 Likes

Admins, let me know if any other info needed or if this format is good :blush:

How would this work in practice? As in what steps to set track and channels. Sorry if this is obvious, I don’t know how the Force or the Oxi do this.

I imagine one track would be limited to one channel, right? Meaning, you can’t mix more than one channel per track. But you still could use the same channel in multiple tracks, right?

Ideally would select the channel, select the row, and then select the fill, and hit fill. For example, select midi channel 3, row 3, bass fill & choose one, then hit fill. Then you could do the same for midi channel 5, or onboard synth in a different row, etc.

I could do this with a Euclidian or Random fill already, so maybe this could be an easy thing to implement into the other fills. I use the S-1, Typhon, and plugins from the Force for multiple different bass & synth sounds, but sequence all from the Play

2 Likes

@hut48ku Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the wish doesn’t fit our current product design direction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.