Placeholder sound for midi instrument

What is the problem?

When the tracker is NOT connected to a midi out device (synth, computer), there is no way to ear that notes.

That’s obvious, but with portable nature of the tracker mini, the user cannot work without his external device.

What do you want to achieve?

The tracker mini could provide something like a placeholder sound (based on a sample or even a simple beep) to be played for the midi notes of the pattern when the user has no midi device attached (or based on a configuration choice).

This can be instrument based or global. The point is not to use on the final piece, but to allow the user to work the melody or the rythm even without his external gear.

Are there any workarounds?

The user can try to change each midi instrument to a sample instrument. The main issue is to revert this change when he wants to use the midi gear.

Any links to related discussions?

Nope.

Any references to other products?

I don’t know.

Hey @nee, thanks for taking the time to write up this wish.

So to summarize, you’d like a solution to be able to playback tracks that depend on external MIDI gear when you don’t have your tracker plugged to them. Do I have that right?

1 Like

@dan.lgrnd yes ! And getting back to the normal when the midi device is plugged back

When the placeholder is active, how would you imagine the CC FX functioning?

As I did not expect the tracker mini to have a real midi synth implementation, all midi messages other than “note on” should be ignored.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for your insights.

1 Like