Notes scatter spread issue

Just purchased Polyend Tracker + and very excited to start making tunes as was a hardcore OctaMed user back in the early 90’s.

I am having a few issues with the device. First off when trying to play a melody it, is spreading it across all tracks which is a bit odd as I’m not playing chords. Another issue is when using one of the built in synth engines when I start recording and start playing, it starts recording odd random notes. This is making it very frustrating to work with. I can’t imagine this would be set like this as default.

I have made sure i’ve upgraded the firmware to 1.0.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

As for the spreading issue: Try and disarm the tracks you don’t want to be recorded on. You do that with Shift+Rec and then use the display buttons.

That’s currently the only way to prevent that behavior (that I know of…).

I personally would prefer “exclusive arm” as default behavior instead of having everything armed all the time…but oh well…

Somebody else might need to help you with the synth issue, b/c I haven’t had this issue yet…

Also…welcome! :blush:

Thanks Sebastian will try that. Forgot to mention the other issue is in a 32 length pattern, It only records on the first 16 steps in note mode which I can’t understand why. I am hoping I have not got a faulty unit batch. It’s just these would be odd default settings to have on startup.

1 Like

Can’t come up with a reason for the 16/32 issue but I bet others can. I’m quite new to Tracker+ myself. :slight_smile:

…doesn’t really sound like a hardware issue, tbh. But wait until @Sandroid or @dan.lgrnd read this thread, they’re far more knowledgeable. :innocent:

1 Like

Hey @housefreak303, welcome to Backstage! :partying_face: It’s good to have ya (Protracker User myself back in the days).

You may be experiencing the following bug:

A fix is currently in testing and will hopefully be released soon.

3 Likes

HI Sandroid, thanks for the quick reply. Ah yeah protracker the good old days.
I have rolled back to firmware version 1.0.1 for now as it seems to work properly on that version. I tried the micro timing trick as you suggested as well, but in that mode it is unquantized etc. I hope there will be an option to turn off auto note off as I always preferred to enter them manually.

Will keep a look out for the fix. I was just worried that it might have been a faulty unit etc.

3 Likes