More than 48 instruments per project

Given the extra horsepower in the mini it would be lovely to have more than 48 instrument slots per project. they could still keep within the memory limit, and it would be great to have more slots for 1 shots.

What is the problem?

the limit of 48 instruments per project is quite limiting, given that sample chains can take ages to load, and those too are limited to 48 slices.

What do you want to achieve?

extended instrument list. say 128 or whatever.

Are there any workarounds?

sample chains, but they can take ages to load, be too long to edit in the sample editor, and are limited to 48 slices.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

1 Like

thanks for the edits @Sandroid
much appreciated

:slight_smile:

I’m curious, does anyone else find this a limitation on tracker & mini?

how do you work around the instrument limit?

:slight_smile:

I guessing this has a lot to do with everyones individual workflow. For me personally i’ve never found it a limiting factor, but that is because i use MIDI / external gear a lot with my trackers and thereby do not rely on samples exclusively.

1 Like

No limitation here, as it is hardware, it has its boundaries, not limitations. I also dont buy a hardware synth with 4 voice polyphony and want 6 voices per feature request. For working with 8 tracks 48 slots and 48 slices are more than enough for me and more power than i had in the 90s :wink:
Second, i really think its by design of OG Tracker.
We have 48 pads and can easily trigger 48 slices and 48 instruments. I like this how quick you can work with the current feature set, more than that are not useable without button combinations or menu jumping.

2 Likes

both valid points.
makes sense with the OG pads, I didn’t know there was 48 of em.

I guess I’m just used to having 128 slots coming from Elektron gear / m8. I’m sure I can make do with 48. I write fairly chaotic breakcore / idm so love having shed loads of samples / different versions on the go.

Thanks for the replies

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile: