Latch pads for live play

The tracker has untapped potential as a physical instrument on top of its already impressive features. Actually playing the pads at the bottom either as a keyboard or as a sampler during live performances is unique and interactive.

One thing that would really enhance the playability of the pads would be to introduce a latch feature to the loop function.

What is the problem?

Live triggering loops is a lot of fun and makes for some really unique opportunities, but the current options are to either use it as a gated function, or setting a long release on the looped sample which will of course eventually fade out.

What do you want to achieve?

A way to have a sample play all the way through once playback has started when triggered by a pad.

Live triggering latched loops yields itself to really fun time signature changes or bpm changes. It’s a nice way to add even more improvisational aspects to music.

A basic function (on/off) as a sub menu in the loop options for each sample would probably already be enough.

Are there any workarounds?

Hold the pad

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

1 Like

Hey @mosspeople welcome to the community :partying_face:

I’ve taken the liberty to conform your request to our wishlist template. :blush:
The original post is editable by everyone if there are any further changes that should be made, to make this wish more precise.

Thank you for the welcome and the edit is much appreciated! After going through some of the posts here it’s really nice to see how supportive members are. It’s an awesome think tank around a unique company. I’d love to hear any and all feedback.

1 Like

I might be wrong, but if I’m reading what you’re asking for it reminds me a lot of this (and this would fit under references of other products too, here with the digitakt he is able to set an infinite decay and a loop point after triggering it, and it just kinda… goes and doesn’t stop) and I think it would be a great thing to expand the tracker’s ability to do live playing/generally experimental loop-y stuff, even if we’d maybe be limited to doing this 8 times due to 8 mono tracks? it’d still be useful, but if there was some way to do this bypassing tracks/sequencer (like in this video) it would be really interesting…

1 Like

Setting an infinite decay would be another option, I hadn’t thought of that. I’m sure either way the feature could work much like you mentioned, outside of the sequencer. The tracker could function as a free form sample workstation that could then lead into tracks/sequences in a performance setting. The tracker already handles samples differently from other samplers on the market so it would be great to expand on that even more.

@here Thanks for your contribution, the wish is now ready for voting! :slight_smile:

1 Like