.it Implementation Chart?

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some help with .it files to the Polyend Tracker. I am currently working on a game jam project where I am using the tracker to create the music. However, I am having some trouble with what the tracker exports to the .it file format.

If anyone could shed some light on what functions are compatible exporting the polyend play to the .it file format. Specifically, I am trying to determine if certain features of the .it format, such as effects or instrument settings, FX commands and tricks. I found none of the effects carry across so Tracker delays everywhere :slight_smile: .

The reason I am exploring the .it format is that it is more efficient for a webgl, and the tracker is pretty fast to make loops. Got a good pipeline to get the game music in to Unity3D. The jam finishes on May 15th and will have to drop links here for people to see.

Just as a test, I dropped a real banger of a track in… but it didn’t sound great. I had to cut it back
to the basics and now I have a track that sounds correct. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to test it further during the jam so sticking to basic tracker atm.

but if all goes well and people want to see this, I might turn this into a video.

If anyone has any information or advice on this topic, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

I have tested four projects from different angles and importing from/to .it does not work as I would expect, I have posted some problems in bugs section, I’ll post more, probably.
If you want an .it format specs I have some C code for writing to file with structures and description… if that would help.
I have no idea how it is implemented in the Tracker though (yet :P).