"Insert SD Card"

Thanks! This works! I am now copying the samples…

1 Like

Happened to me also today… how bad is to close this year losing 4 projects on my Play +. f…k

1 Like

I had the same problem with a brand new 512GB card. I had no luck with Windows so I brought it to Linux. Using my disk management app I noticed that the Windows utilities had formatted the card to “Win95 Fat32 (LBA) (0x0c)”. In order to fix it I changed it to “Win95 Fat32 (0x0b)” and selected “bootable”.

NOTE: I tried a 1TB card and I could not get it to work no matter what I tried.

1 Like

Hey having issues with my stock 16gb sd. wouldnt recognize it was in the play.
Tried another sd with no formatting changes and it boots up but i cant write anything to the sd (changes dont save) i checked the format of my drive and had it all correct. tried some reqs from here and now the drive wont even come up on my computer. my firmware is up to date any tips

I had this issue today. After 3 hours, i found out it had nothing to do with the SD card, but with the USB connection.The issue was only there when when connected to the computer.

So, step one before formatting your SD Card: Try connecting it to a wall adapter or a power bank instead. If it works there, try different USB ports on your computer.

In my case, the device was connected to a powered hub (which had worked fine for a year on my old PC). After upgrading to a newer PC, this configuration suddenly started giving me problems. Bypassing the hub fixed it.

A visual symptom in my case was: When it says “Insert SD Card”, normally, holding the power button should display a blue progress bar filling up. In my case, no blue progress appeared, though the device did turn off fine.

@Sandroid maybe “testing with the wall adapter” is worth adding add to the troubleshooting docs?

1 Like