Importing mod file and saving the project deletes imported instruments (which had symbols in their names)

Bug Description

Importing modfiles and saving as project deletes instruments.

This does not happen to all modfiles. Some work, other partially. Some have no sounds/instruments after saving. They all work after importing (before saving).
Maybe the sample names in the samplepool cause this. Because after renaming them, it seems to save the project properly.

Reproduction Steps

1. Import mod
  2. Save mod as tracker project
  3. Open the saved project again

Occurrence

*bug is reproducible sometimes

Found in

Hi @d4g , sorry you’re having issues and thanks for your report. First of all, I must point out that we don’t plan to invest more time into improving this feature at this moment. But we can log it for future reference. In order to do so, please attach the mod files you’re having issues with so we can reproduce the exact problem you’re seeing. Thanks for your support!

Thanks for the reply.
The import mod functionality is good enough for me,
It’s just that on the 1.8 firmware, the imported mods lose instruments and samples when saving. Which seems to be related to the weird symbols in the instrument/sample list. They all play normally before saving. It worked on the older firmwares, at least I did not encounter problems saving them.
So it’s just the saving of mods that is the problem, the import function is fine.
I will upload the mod later this evening.

1 Like

Hi @d4g , we are still waiting for your upload. Are you still having issues with this feature? Thanks!

Mods.zip (217.1 KB)

Sorry about the delay. Was not sure how to upload them, so I zipped them.
The linked files play fine after importing, but lose some (or all) instruments after saving. Probably due to the symbols in the names.
Mod files with clean names save properly.

Thanks for the attachment @d4g . I logged the bug for fixing, but I have to keep the expectations realistic: we don’t plan improving this feature at the moment. Maybe we’ll re-prioritise it in the future. Thanks for you support and patience.

1 Like