How do you combine Play and Tracker?

I totally agree @RealTinyPenguin. Since Play can’t sample, it would be awesome to able to shoot samples from Tracker to Play somehow (Play is my preferred machine to work on). That would eliminate the need to swap SD cards in and out.

I want to play with my tracker and my play together in sync.
Any tipps and tricks or ideas for a begin’er like me?

Do you have a Stereo Minijack (3.5mm) to Minijack (3.5mm) cable?

Then you can connect them by goin from the MIDI Out to the MIDI In between the two devices.
Depending on which device you want to be the Master - meaning, which device should be in charge of the tempo - you’d have to setup the MIDI Configuration accordingly on both devices.

Check out the manuals for more information on how to setup MIDI

The midi setup is no problem, cables are here , too.
But how is the thing with the cc?
I want to control something from the play as master on the tracker as example.But Iam new on this gear and I need some advice…and tipps and tricks …,maybe…

I guess that depends on how you want to use the Tracker?

• Do you want to use it in Synth mode?
  • Or are you looking to play with an existing tracker song or individual patterns?

In Synth Mode, you can actually send MIDI CC from the Play to the tracker to affect certain aspect of the active instrument. If you are just looking to Play/Stop your pattern on the Tracker, then CC will not be of any use for you.

There is a section regarding Synth Mode in the Tracker Manual that you can check out, that also tells you which CC’s are available.

Regarding how to send MIDI CC from the Play. You have to create a CC Mapping, which is also explained in the MIDI Chapter of the Play Manual.

If there is anything in particular that you want to achieve, give us some more details of what your plan is. So that we can guide you a bit more precisely :blush:

Since @icaria36, just merged your question with an existing topic. Check out the top of this post for some videos and follow the discussion for more help / infos. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!
My plan is to use the play as master and and to use the effekts ectr,from the’tracker…
But I dont understand how…Iam a beginner on’the play and the tracker and I leearn’by doing.If somebody explain it to me , the I try to build it like that and then’I see I like it , or not…
Sorry, my english is only school english, Iam in and from germany.
If somebody tell me, what I can’do with’these machines…,that can hel0 me a lot!! I know a little bit of midi and so on: Its no problem for me to setup the,channel and so on…
But I dont know, what’I can do…
You know, what I mean?
Regards Sebastian

Plus: I want to control an sequence my modular gear with the tracker or the play.
That is one idea from me…
I want to chain and sync my gear and trigger via midi cc some of my moduls: squarp rample or plonk as example…
I want to use the sequencer from play or tracker for that, if possible…

Lots of questions :laughing: . I like it! :heart:
And your english is no problem at all, but if you feel more comfortable, you can message me directly and speak in german (i’m from switzerland). :blush:
Or if you want to jump into a voice chat, you could always join the unofficial tracker discord and i’ll gladly help you out there.

I’m not sure what effects you mean here. Do you mean record a pattern from the Play to the Tracker? And then use the Tracker to create effects with it? Because the only effects you could use directly would be the Reverb and Delay. Which i don’t think would be very useful, as you already have those on the Play.

Do you have a MIDI to CV Module? If so, then that should be easy. I do the same thing with my eurorack system.

What for a MIDI to CV shall I buy to trigger drums on my eurorack via play or tracker?

There is a couple solutions available:

Eurorack Modules:

A new contender in this space is also the Eowave Portail, that is going to release soon.

If all you want is to trigger a drum module, maybe something like the Erica Synths MIDI to Trigger would be something for you as well.

And then there is the CV.0CD as well if you want something outside of the rack.

Hi, the midi to trigger from erica synths do I have .But always new setup before I can pl1y, no storing…I dont like that module and I will sell it.
I think I want a poly 2 for that, what do you think?
Or…, the befaco midi thing 1 maybe…
The midi thing 2 is still not on the market…

I personally have a Poly 2, but they are discontinued. If you can still find one in good condition that is cheap, sure - grab it. It’s still a great module.

If you want to go for something newer and expandable I’d suggest a Univer Inter, as you can chain multiple of them together.

Thanks!