Flag for long samples in Sample Loader - if too long to edit

A message that displays in the Sample Loader screen if the sample you’ve highlighted (or the section of a long sample you want to import), is too long to edit in the Sample Editor.

What is the problem?

When you load a sample that is over a certain length it cannot be edited in the Sample Editor. It’s not until you’ve loaded the sample and try to edit it that you see this message about the sample being too long. That’s really frustrating.

What do you want to achieve?

Add to the Sample Loader screen GUI a message that displays when you highlight a sample too long to be edited. Also, If you’re importing part of a longer sample, it should tell you when the sample is short enough to be edited by the Sample Editor.

Are there any workarounds?

Just trial and error, which wastes a lot of time when you’re jamming with a synth buddy. I like to play with bits of field recordings I’ve made over the years, but it’s hard to know whether a sample I’m thinking of loading will be editable.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

n/a

Check the general chat group, I asked about max sample time there. Hopefully this gets extended in an update soon and there won’t be a need for a flag for samples that are too long. Agree that it can be unexpected/frustrating.

1 Like

Hey @Timbient, as @t_byrd , mentioned. This is something that will be adressed in a future update. See:

It is 44 seconds I believe. This will be extended via firmware update to edit long samples.

Do you want to proceed with this wish or should i close it?

Hi @Sandroid. I’d like to keep this ticket open please, as it is specifically about flagging to the user if a long sample can/can’t be edited in the sample editor. It’s not clear to me whether this is what’s being addressed in this other ticket.

@here, Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Voted for this, but wondering if the “extended” time for the sample editor will match the sample pool size or will it be shorter? If it matches the sample pool size, then we obviously wouldn’t need a flag and I’ll vote for something else.

Also, I’ll just say it feels kind of bad using a vote for something that seems more like a “fix” for an UI oversight than a “feature/enhancement”.

1 Like

re: " flagging to the user if a long sample can/can’t be edited in the sample editor" Yes! This would be a nice feature to have.

1 Like