Faster track part selection in View mode

When editing in View mode, it would be nice not to have to exit View mode in order to go to the next measure of the track.

What is the problem?

While editing chromatically with View menu open, it’s a bother to have to exit the View screen just to change to the next measure of a track. Ideally you could hold a button (Shift feels natural) to show the same UI that allows the measure selection without exiting.

The piano roll does this.

What do you want to achieve?

Quickly advance to the next measure while in View mode.

Are there any workarounds?

I suppose Live Rec kind of does this and the piano roll view allows for switching.

Any links to related discussions?

No

Any references to other products?

No

1 Like

Great idea!

Nice. I didn’t know. It hopefully makes it easier to implement for the View mode as well.

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… Can’t believe I was the 1st vote … In general I would think UI & workflow enhancements would not need any voting for… as it’s just a “yes of course!” across the board … great interface design = two pushes max to get to any parameters of creative interests/seq&sound editing to not dent the flow… System setting and the boring stuff is the exception …

I’m out of votes so no matter what wishes appear now I won’t be voting even if I like the idea. maybe others are in this position too? :thinking:

Absolutely. Now it’s time to consider what is important to you and what isn’t :wink:

Been doing that for a while now :joy: