Exporting stems with tempo inaccuracy (drift) - Are there solutions?

Hello!
I found few topics about tempo inaccuracy while exporting stems and adding them to DAW.
It seems they are out of sync and this is not linear tempo change, but some evaluating kinda drift.
Is there any way to solve of this problem? Cause I still have it on 1.6.0 version*(((
Thanks.

Do you have links to those related discussions? Also, can you provide a project where this tempo inaccuracy is reproducable? If so - please upload it, then we could possibly convert this to a Bug report.

I have personally encountered this so far on only one project, without any clear indication how and why it happens. I solved it in that case by just recording every individual track in realtime to my DAW.
Which i tend to do anyway, because i use a lot of MIDI/External Gear with the Tracker.

there was number discussion on github https://github.com/polyend/TrackerBetaTesting/issues/512
[1.3.0] Song Export issues · Issue #697 · polyend/TrackerBetaTesting · GitHub
[1.2.0] Tempo of Export Song Stems not accurate · Issue #281 · polyend/TrackerBetaTesting · GitHub
Polyend Tracker - Page 23 - MOD WIGGLER
there are few others, but they are all about the same - exporting stems have tempo bug, which i have non-linear type, so you cant fix it just entering some other tempo in tracker or change it in DAW. You can only quantize it I guess, but it’s quite crazy way)))
I’d try to record one by one, which is bit frustrating. But we’ll see if this works, cause I’m afraid that it could bring clock difference between recorded tracks. I’d check and write

4 Likes

Hey guys! It was my fault in general.
Or not. It depends of point of view)

So. The issue happened cause at the very end of couple of patterns I used “OFF” note message with “micro-move” FX message. And it kinda moved next pattern on micro-move value.
On my mind it should’t act like this. It shouldnt MOVE next pattern, I mean.
But anyway - after I deleted it, tempo became as expected through whole track.)

P.S. It didn’t moved patterns previously, cause I used external sync on playback. So external clock made it sync pattern start with grid. And while it use internal sync when exporting stems, it started to act in it’s own way)

2 Likes

I just noticed this same issue when using Tracker exported stems in Logic Pro, they drift ever so slightly from the metronome after the pattern repeats a few times. I zoomed in on the timeline and it definitely looked like the kick was ahead of the downbeat. Could be Logic Pro is wonky but figured it’s worth noting here. I can retest the same stems in pro tools in the morning to compare DAWs.

I do have a couple patterns with note OFF at the beginning or end, but no FX at all. I can retest exporting stems after removing note OFF completely to see if that makes a difference, but seems like a silly quirk if so.

So - does having OFF in the last row always create this bug? I can’t seem to figure it out but I am consistently exporting stems that do not match the bpm of the song, testing with a metronome confirms this. Let me know what I can do to help! This is kind of a big issue for me as I try to use the tracker in tandem with other gear - basically I need to time stretch any stem I export from the tracker in order to use it in a DAW or with any other device. Should I recreate something in bugs?

Has anyone created a Bug report for this yet? Please do so! :blush:

Hey @Sandroid thanks I wasn’t sure if I should’ve since this was marked solved. I can make a bug report but the project file is 7.1mb (the limit is 4mb), is there another way to share the file? Might be moot if I cant give y’all the data to reproduce the problem.

I think what probably would be better, is to create a simple example project that showcases that issue clearly? Is it ok to ask you to prepare that? I’m sure we would end up under that file upload limitation then :blush:

Hey @Sandroid after much testing I’m afraid it’s not possible to get you the bugged project - Each project I’ve cut down to a simplified example removes the tempo change bug. The tempo change happens at 1 specific point in the song so I was hoping to trim everything down to the few patterns that lead up and exit the tempo change, but every time I export it removes the glitch. I’d say this is a happy accident, but I’m still left with the tempo change bug whenever I export the full project :sweat_smile:
I’ve been testing this with a metronome in Logic Pro to verify the bug, only happens with the full project unfortunately. Would it be possible to upload the full project to my google drive or dropbox and share the link in the appropriate post?

Absolutely! :heart:

But it probably will make more sense if you create a Bug post and put the link in there, with as much detail as possible to describe what you are experiencing.

Thanks for taking the time and for your testing :heart:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure support in the past have offered means to share materials for support that exceed the size limit on backstage. If you post your bug and explain your project exceeds backstage limits, I’m confident that they will find a way for you to send your project to them :slight_smile: