Dynamic sync when changing track speed

What is the problem?

When changing the track speed of a track (e.g. to 1/3 or 2) the newly changed track very likely won’t be in sync anymore, requiring a full stop/start restart to hear what it will sound like.

What do you want to achieve?

Changes in track speed are automatically synced. There are several ways to do this. One way would be to calculate the track’s new theoretical position within the loop, on the fly. Alternatively it could re-sync automatically at the next loop start.

Are there any workarounds?

Right now it is only possible to make a full stop/start, which inhibits experimenting and performative changes.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

3 Likes

@rpickle Thank you for contributing this wish, which I find spot on. I have edited the description a bit, with the idea of making a couple of concepts simpler, add the full template, and avoid the use of first person as specified in the Wishlist guidelines. I hope these changes are ok and keep the meaning of your wish.

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be very helpful. If the play had the ability to choose maximum pattern length and all of the tracks could reset the poly meters could be way more easy to use. Right now we can’t work with it without stopping playback. Some sequencers like the Weslicht for Eurorack lets you choose reset at a track level as well. That being said being able to choose the duration of the pattern is essential especially in song mode. If we could let a 32 step pattern play for say 256 bars and then go to the next pattern then we can hear the machine make use of all the chance actions. Right now with the way its set up lots of the chance actions get missed while using song mode as there is no maximum sequence length.

For song mode, see / vote Allow patterns to play in certain orders and certain times - Song Mode.

1 Like

Thank you