Direct-to-Card Audio Recording (without time limitation)

“Endless” direct-to-card audio/sample recording.

What is the problem?

Recording on the Tracker Mini is only possible in the context of (re)sampling to internal memory, the 16Bit 44.1Khz PCM audio length restriction probably comes from there.

What do you want to achieve?

It would be really nice to have an audio recording feature, that records directly to SD card without limitations (probably files have to be split like on a Zoom recorder when using FAT based filesystem.

Are there any workarounds?

Not aware of any. It would open the Tracker Mini as a recording device, probably pretty unmatched functionality in direct comparison.

Any links to related discussions?

A recent discussion led to this:

Any references to other products?

Not really, but from a technical perspective, it shouldn’t be impossible to implement a functionality like this, making the Tracker Mini an even more capable and multi-purpose device.

Hey @edruskin, thanks for the wish. I’ve taken the liberty to change the wording slightly to be more inline with our wish guidelines. Hope that’s ok :blush:

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure if “sample recording” fits the purpose completely, but maybe I have a different understanding/wording and would like to hear other opinions on that. Do you consider a 90min live audio wav recording a sample?

No, i’d consider that an audio recording. But in the context that this would happen in the “sample recorder”. I think it is fine :blush:

1 Like

@edruskin Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the wish doesn’t fit our current product design direction.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.