Config files for init patches for each synth engine

It would be great to have a config for init patches for each synth so that I can set up my own default parameters.

What is the problem?

A user could profit from customized settings of an init patches. For example the VCA Env is tied to the filter and and the list of pre-wired modulation is not transparent for an init patch.

What do you want to achieve?

As a user I would like to be able to configure the parameters of init patches for each synth engine individually. This default parameters should apply when i create a init patch.
The config files could be simple txt files on the SD card or the could be built in into the global configuration.

Are there any workarounds?

Creating a patch that would have my preferred parameters, editing it and saving as a new patch. This is error prone though because if a user is not careful enough he might overwrite the default patch instead.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Thanks for the wish @sheynkler87. I’m with you on this one :love_you_gesture: In fact I use your workaround for all of the synths. My workaround for the “error prone” issue (you are not wrong), is that I have 3 backups of the INIT patch, so if ever I overwrite an INIT, I still have 2 more chances to save it.

I reworded your wish a bit. Can you take a look and let me know if you’re ok with my edit. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks dude!

as mentioned in the request you can overwrite the init patch, this means you so can make them as you’d like em to be.

one of the first things I did was zero out all the parameters like the filter env as you mention, then save the init patch. viola, all inits are now to my liking.

unless im misunderstanding your issue?
I tend to do that sometimes. adhd = dont read so good :sweat_smile:

[I must add that the factory init patches are a weird choice. having some parameters not at zero by default confuses matters]

3 Likes

Ha! Thanks so much for sharing this @beautron! I did not know that the INIT patches could be overwritten :upside_down_face:

@sheynkler87, could you give this a go and let us know if the wish is still necessary? Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dan.lgrnd that solves it then though. Thanks for the insight @beautron.

2 Likes

no probs at all. glad to be of help

Hey guys, I’ve tried to overwrite the init patch yesterday. It didn’t work out.
I expected that after adjusting and saving the init patch I would be able to press “init patch” and the the patch would be initialized with my settings.
That did not work out.
I’m using 1.0.1 build 1405.

From my point of view my request is still valid.

@beautron, any insights as to how you managed to get this to work for you?

I’ll check when I get the chance, my dog is sick atm so I can’t just now. Ron Cavagnaro shows how to do it in one of his play+ deep dive vids, that’s where I learned. I don’t know his @ tag here. care to tag Him?

as far as I remember you just load up the init patch, edit the patch to your liking & save the init patch.

this vid @ the 2min mark [synth set up]

so like, I’ve never pressed the “init patch” button. but whenever I load up a fresh synth it loads my init patch.

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your dog. Hope the recovery goes well!

Thanks for the link and update. Makes perfect sense. Cheers!

1 Like

It’s @creativeunderdogs :wink:

And you’ll get some :hugs: from me as well. Hope you and your dog recover well! :heart:

2 Likes

thanks guys :heart: