Chord inversion as second parameter of the knob instead of holding Shift

When in MIDI mode, the Sample Start knob functions as a chord selector for a selected step. To change inversion of the chosen chord, the user has to hold the Shift button while dialing the same knob.

The proposal is to present chord inversion as the second parameter of the said knob instead of forcing the user to hold Shift. That would fit Play’s paradigm better as all other parameters work the same way. Also that would make a better use of the display. The upper part would show a chosen chord and the bottom part would show the chord’s inversion.

What is the problem?

Current workflow isn’t convenient and doesn’t quite fit overall Play’s paradigm.
Hold step & adjust workflow is overly complicated, and even not possible for most steps pads, as it requires three hands to be involved: one to hold a step, the second to hold Shift and the third to turn the knob :slight_smile:

What do you want to achieve?

Easier access to chord inversions.

Are there any workarounds?

No.

Any links to related discussions?

No.

Any references to other products?

No.

7 Likes

I second this. Never realised about the chord inversions until reading this, so thanks.

3 Likes

Yes good idea

Same, thanks!!

@5020780 Thanks for your contribution. We have to decline your wish for now, because this feature is reserved for future updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Unfortunately”? :slightly_smiling_face: Do you mean that this is a planned improvement?

1 Like

My bad, I edited the reply. Thanks for pointing that out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.