CC presets for MIDI mode

What is the problem?

It may be a bit tedious making all the CC-knobs binds for MIDI sequencer mode by hand. Also, you need to keep all the hardware manuals close.

What do you want to achieve?

Players could benefit having all the needed CC presets right on the Play for all of their devices. They may be stored in separate json-like files ready to be loaded when needed. They also could store readable names, so you won’t tweak that CC94 or something knowing the parameter’s name by heart.

OpenMIDI could help (there is a git repo with ready-to-use files). And/or we could share presets via Patchstorage.

Are there any workarounds?

Mnemonics and hard work.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

Squarp Hapax (instrument-definitions)
Infos : Pyramid Manual | Squarp instruments

12 Likes

@here open for voting! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any references to other products?

Hapax (instrument-definitions)

2 Likes

@deconnecting you can “Edit” the wish directly if you want. :slight_smile:

(and you can vote this wish too)

1 Like

Thanks, i didn’t know that was possible.

1 Like

I think we’re asking for the same thing - but I would like to be able to store “instruments” and configurations. So if I’m using my OB-6 on midi channel 13, load that configuration from the last time I set it up. M8 tracker allows this with aligned cc codes and saved instruments. The tedium of going into the manual and digging out all the cc for every instrument means I rarely use those functions. Sitting down and recalling would be awesome.

2 Likes

@d11 If you are interested in this wish, please add your vote! Just click the vote button on the top left. :slight_smile:

YES please! Althought I never really became friends with the lovely Pyramid, this feature is absolutely brilliant and saved me a ton of time when I was playing around with it.

That would be amazing!

Dont mean to be a darth vader in all topics wishlist but some of these things; like this one and master tune should just be standardized …

My vote is all these ‘‘no brainers’’ should not need to be scaled by voting … just accepted based on …well realworld workflow…

:v:

Realworld has constraints and every feature takes time. CC presets might be a must for you and nothing not missed at all by others, who in turn have theor own lists of MUST features… Product development is fun.

Yhea your right!! yet take aim of the product and its focus, it has 8 tracks dedicated for external control its 50% of its seq power is aimed towrads this … regardless on how one uses the product …

something as simple as CC banks are not a ‘‘must’’ they are an expected standard IMO

Thant being said: you are crafting some of the most inspiring workflow of instruments to date and we sincerely appreciate thy efforts & time

2 Likes