Are the newer Trackers made from metal?

Yo, I wanted to know if the current black Trackers are metal like the first run of them?

Nope, they are made of Kryptonite…
that is to prevent Superman from making music all day instead of saving the world.

3 Likes

they have a brushed aluminum top with a plastic bottom

Don’t let Superman know this!

1 Like

Did the first run have metal bottoms?

i think so. i have one of the first ones and the bottom seems to be metal.

Here’s the differences between the versions.

MKI/AE : Metal Body - Square Buttons / Less Button Travel / SD Card Slot - Indent (I’ve had this version)

MKII : Metal Body - Rounded Corner Buttons / More Button Travel / SD Card Slot - Indent, 4.3 lbs (I have this version)

MKIII : Plastic Body - Rounded Corner Buttons / More Button Travel / SD Card Slot - No Indent, 2.65 lbs (I’ve had this version)

Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, so which version is the Silver one?

It would be a MKIII but with:

• Full metal body
  • Silver brushed aluminum top, black bottom
  • Square, low profile keys
  • Shipped with v1.6 firmware

Of note…while it claims to be fully metal, it has a weight more inline with the plastic black body designs at 2.65lbs than it does with the metal body designs at 4.3lbs as with the MK1/AE/MKII (Sweetwater.com comparison chart). Curious, maybe it’s a typo.

Here’s the breakdown:

1. MKI/AE : Body - Metal / Face - Metal / Buttons- Square, Less Button Travel / SD Card Slot - Indent / Weight - 4.3 lbs / Release Date - > 2020

2. MKII : Body - Metal / Face - Metal / Buttons - Rounded Corners, More Button Travel / SD Card Slot - Indent / Weight - 4.3 lbs / Release Date - < June 23, 2021

3. MKIII : Body - Plastic / Face - unknown / Buttons - Rounded Corners , More Button Travel / SD Card Slot - No Indent / Weight - 2.65 lbs / Release Date - > June 23, 2021

4. MKIII Silver Edition: Body - Metal / Face - Metal (aluminum) / Buttons - Square, low profile keys, More Button Travel / SD Card Slot - No Indent / Weight - 2.65 lb / Manufacture Part #: PLY-TRCK-SE / Release Date - > December 13, 2022

Source: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TrackerSV--polyend-tracker-tabletop-sampler-wavetable-synthesizer-and-sequencer-silver

1 Like

Thanks, so silver it shall be!