Alternate Tracker-Mini Button Behaviour for better accessibility

What is the problem?

Currently a lot of actions on the Mini require you to hold a Button (like Menu, Note, Instrument, FX1, FX2) and then navigate to Options or Actions to select/activate them. For example:

• When presing Menu, you have to hold the Menu button
  • Then you select your option
  • You let go of the Menu Button to activate your selection

This could be cumbersome for some users and could be an accessibility concern.

This proposal suggests an alternate mode where the users wouldn’t have to keep holding down the initial button.

What do you want to achieve?

Better menu handling on the Tracker Mini. By removing the need to keep holding down one Button.
This could be an option in the Config, so users could choose between the two behaviour modes.

The new/added behaviour should be the following, based on the previous example for the Menu Button:

• You press and let go of the Menu Button
  • The Menu Options View stays open
  • You navigate to your desired option and press the Enter Button (Round Button in the center of the D-Pad)
  • To cancel, you can press the Menu Button once more

Are there any workarounds?

Currently no.

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

2 Likes

Hey @KrisG , is this purely for the Menu Button? Or are there other place where this “hold, navigate and release to select” would be useful?

Hello @Sandroid, it’s for the menu and the colored buttons ( note, instrument, fx1, fx2 )
As option on the configuration screen. As i can imagine that some are very used to it. But it makes accessibility more open. :ok_hand:

Ah i just realized i had it the wrong way. So what you are suggesting is actually the possibility to:

• Click on Menu and let go of the button
  • Menu stays open

Correct? The behaviour i mentioned in my previous post, is actually exactly how it works now :joy:

Ahhh! Nooo. Sorry, my bad english.
I mean a toggle button instead of holding button and select. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Based on what we discussed i reframed your wish. I hope this is exactly what you were looking for :blush:

If not - let me know :muscle:

Perfect! Thank you! :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

1 Like