Alternate Note Entry Mode

Yes plz this is a great idea we need a scale mode

5 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I just got my Mini and this is my number 1 wish. Would change the workflow completely!

There are 8 buttons, why not use them for live input of notes?
Also Scale implementation would be awesome!!

How do I vote for this?

6 Likes

This wish is currently in review, once it is approved, voting will open.

1 Like

Hope this makes it thru! :metal:

2 Likes

Me too :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

@here, Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:
However, in this case, we can’t guarantee it will be implemented exactly as you suggested. We might end up with a different design, depending on technical limitations and/or current implementation, etc.
Nevertheless, the use case of inputting notes from the Mini UI will be possible.

10 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

Voted!!! This surely is what the Mini most needs - the ability for the user to actually ‘play’ notes with their thumbs, if only a small number.

Looking forward to a beta OS to try it out!

5 Likes

Yeah! Please spread the word!

2 Likes

voted :relieved::100:

4 Likes

Thank you for listening!! :innocent:
Please make it possible to select Scales, 8 buttons should be enough. :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

It would be great if it were possible to map whatever keys you’d like to these 8 buttons, but I might be asking too much here. I sometimes make music using only the black keys :upside_down_face:. It would be nice to be able to have that somehow.

2 Likes

This got one of my precious few yes votes left :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How many votes does it need, in general, for a Wish to come thru?

No idea. Guess it’s possibly got to just beat the other wishes? They’ll all have varying difficulty to implement too so I’m sure that also plays a part :man_shrugging:t2:

Would be great if there would be a possibility to choose the notes in the normal note grid view. Which then would pop up at those buttons below the screen.
So not chromatic and then shift for sharps.
But own choice of specific notes or scale.
This way every melody (well not every, but theres lots of choice) or chosen sequence of slices can be played.

3 Likes

great idea! in the “play mode” the 8 tones could be chromatic/scale and be shifted by +/- buttons up and down. and maybe in this mode also use the 1-4 buttons to quickly change the favourite scale types (pre-saved by user)?

3 Likes

voted as well :wink:

1 Like

Yes! The note input (and the lack of speaker) is the main reason I’m not using my Tracker Mini more…

4 Likes

Same - note input was the reason I returned mine. If it had this mode I’d buy again.

3 Likes