Akai MPK Keyboard with Tracker Mini

Hi everyone!

I’ve recently owned a Tracker Mini - I’ve gone through many threads on this forum, but I still haven’t gotten a clear answer.

Is it possible to input sounds using an external MIDI controller such as the AKAI MPK Mini?

Has anyone managed to correctly connect and configure an external MIDI controller (besides a smartphone or ipad)?

Via USB directly? Probably no. The easiest is to use TRS MIDI in that scenario.

The issue with USB is that the Mini won’t power your external device and may have issues communicating properly.

Hey! Please vote here for Polyend to implement some kind of alternate note entry mode in a future update so that the need for an external controller with more cables is less of an issue and doesn’t negate portability.

The idea is to be able to play samples / chops via the 8 contextual screen buttons: Alternate Note Entry Mode - #39 by Pizza2047

1 Like

I’ve recently bought one too and I ended up ordering a DoreMIDI USB Midi Host - which surprisingly worked right away. It’s attached to my NTS-1 right now.
I’m currently still using my old cheap Reloop Keypad and the MPK Mini MK3 is on my next buy list as this works (not expected tbh)

Not sure if I can/should post links to Aliexpress here, but it’s called:

DoreMIDI UMH-10 USB MIDI HOST Box Midiplus 16-Channel MIDI Interface Five-Pin Interface For MIDI Keyboard Piano Keyboard Instrument Cable

It’s around 35€