A view mode where the top 4 rows of pads show all 64 steps of the selected track

to have a view mode which focuses on the selected track, expanding its entire 64 steps across the top 4 rows of pads.

What is the problem?

currently you can view 16 steps at a time, and move between pages by holding shift & pressing pages 1-4.

What do you want to achieve?

having a view mode which focuses on the selected track, expanding its 4 pages to show its entire 64 steps on the first 4 rows of pads.
this would be very useful when creating longer sequences.

Are there any workarounds?

no. currently you have to hop between pages while you edit.

Any links to related discussions?

no

Any references to other products?

polyend tracker (sort of).

2 Likes

I thought about a similar functionality, something like cursor follows position in DAW and it switches automatically to the next 16 steps if at this position during play.

1 Like

similar but different :smile:

this wish is for when editing / writing a sequence, yours is more for use during playback.

I think it could easily work if you hold a pattern pad for a couple of moments to call the function and hold it again to cancel (won’t work for the lower row). While a pattern occupies multiple rows, the device could blink those pattern pads to identify them. On the other hand, there are TONS of more important requested features that don’t get any attention, so I wouldn’t hope really.

You are right, sorry if I misunderstood your request.

Yes it was more intended for playback, a indicator could be achieved by a different led color on the 1-4 pattern selector beside the follow cursor functionality, which still would be cool to have

Thanks so much for this wish @beautron . Was there a recent conversation going on related to this? I seem to recall something similar being discussed.

thanks Dan. I don’t know tbh. I did do a search before making this wish and couldn’t find anything.

No worries at all. It’s possible I’m mixing 2 different topics, but something in my brain is convinced a conversation was going on recently on a very similar functionality. Just in case it could have come from you, I would have linked it to the wish.

Love this idea!

1 Like

Thanks Dan :slight_smile:

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes