What headphones do you use/recommend?

Title says it all really. I have the Play and the tracker mini, and my headphones are AKG q701’s which are great for the Play, being open backed and neutral, so no accentuated bass and a very flat and relaxed sound. Old design but great for in the studio(my bedroom :rofl:) BUT totally not suitable for the Tracker mini when out and about, Too big and too open backed and a 10 ft cable. So I am looking at getting some new headphones for the tracker mini! They must be flat sounding, especially no Bass boost, I suppose they should be closed back as not everyone likes my music(they have no taste :rofl:), and lighter weight but not flimsy, in fact I’m a big boy so I don’t mind a larger headphone, just not huge like my AKG’s. And finally not too expensive because my credit card is maxed out after just buying the Tracker Mini. So Help me out Please, I am open to recommendations in the sub £150 bracket, preferably headphones that you own and would buy again if someone nicked them.
Waiting to hear from you!
Ray

1 Like

Hello ray! And welcome :ok_hand:

I use the roland RH-300 for studio work ( also with the OG tracker ). After using beyerdymanic series for years, i tried this one last year and it blew me away. Honest sound that doesnt get muddy and sits comfortable. The frequency response is very good. Look up some reviews or test one in a music store.

I didnt like the sennheiser sound that much, felt boosted here and there.

Also with beyerdynamic you never go wrong. :fire:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/rh-300/

When out and about, I really like my Sennheiser HD-25. They have a decently flat sound (slightly high treble), are pretty comfortable, very very portable, super easy to fix and mod, and are a reasonable price. There’s a reason they’ve been around for decades!