Pads colored according to their notes in relation to the scale

What is the problem?

In the audio and MIDI sequencers, the active pads don’t give any visual information about the note they use. They are all white.

What do you want to achieve?

Pads colored according to the note they contain in relation to their scale. For instance, the root note could be blue, consonant intervals green, dissonant intervals red… This would allow for easy jamming or playing notes into a pattern knowing what it should sound like, before pressing a note.

Are there any workarounds?

None

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

3 Likes

@omi.makarenko Thank you for splitting up this wish. I have copyedited the description to clarify that the colors would denote the position of the notes in their scale (at least I hadn’t understood this important detail until I read your example). I have also removed the reference to custom scales because the Polyend team has expressed before that nesting wishes complicates their evaluation. If custom scales are implemented and pads colored according to notes are also implemented, we can discuss this detail then. :slight_smile:

Ok!

I agree, colors could be very useful. When everything is white, it could be hard to navigate (imagine opening a project you made couple of months ago). Color could indicate notes, chances, types of samples or folders they’re related to. Lots of stuff. Sidenote: we should be careful with blue pads though, because it shows selected pads.

There was a similar wish of mine:

Maybe I used bad examples there, but it was declined.

1 Like

@here Thanks for your wish. It’s now ready for voting :slight_smile:

2 Likes