Enable MIDI Thru

Enable MIDI Thru on Polyend Play.

What is the problem?

MIDI thru is not a current capability on the Play. There are ways to pass through MIDI notes, but not other MIDI information such as clock.

What do you want to achieve?

Transmit MIDI information like clock through the Play to other devices connected to it.

For instance, use a DAW as a clock source, but use Play as the sequencer to control an external device, while passing clock information as well. This would enable tempo-synced effects (i.e. LFO/Delay/Sample and Hold) on the external device.

Are there any workarounds?

Find other MIDI sync combinations, which may or may not be possible in a specific setup, may require more cables…

Any links to related discussions?

Any references to other products?

3 Likes

@aperturebreaks thank you for creating this draft. I have re-added the template because it is required for all requests making it to the #wishlist. Please check Writing a good feature request for more tips, like avoiding first person to make it a community wish instead of a personal wish. Sorry for these requests but you will see that a good quality requests has higher chances of getting answers and votes. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ve reformatted to make things easier to digest.

1 Like

Thank you. I have copy-edited the description as well, for simplicity and to avoid first person as the guidelines for feature requests indicate.

About the example you provide, one option in the absence of MIDI Thru would be to have the Play sending clock information to the DAW and the external device, right?

1 Like

@aperturebreaks Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the wish doesn’t fit our current product design. As a workaround, this already works when you select MIDI in and out Clock.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.