Developer mode for the Tracker Mini?

That’s an interesting idea. I personally have immediately two approaches, that i can think of:

• the obvious one would be to open the firmware, so devs could really get into the meat of things and have a go at either adding new features or optimizing whats already there.
  • the other would be to implement an API or Hooks into the different running parts of the tracker. The obvious ones being the sequencing data and the audio path/data for manipulation.

As you say though, opening the firmware, as cool as it might be, may not be feasible, depending on what Polyend is planning for the future. Maybe you could have some form of vetting program for devs that are interested.

However! Knowing that eventually there is going to be a divergence between the OG and the Mini, maybe opening the firmware for the OG Tracker could become a great testing bed to see if this is actually a worthwile undertaking.

That would leave us with the API/Hooks approach for the Mini. Which would require a lot of work and planning ahead of time, for it to be a useful addition. Time and resources that may just be a bit high for a company the size of Polyend.

For what it’s worth - i love the idea :heart: , but as a dev, looking at it realistically, i have doubts :laughing:

5 Likes